Concerned About a Pirate

Is the Pirate…

  • Unable to focus?
  • Withdrawing/isolating?
  • Missing class often?
  • Sleeping a lot or not at all, or falling asleep in class?
  • Not acting like themselves?

You may consider:

  • If life-threatening for the student or others, aggressive, or violent:
    • Calling 911
    • Calling ECU Police (252-328-6787),
    • Or having the student go to the local emergency department (Vidant Medical Center – 2100 Stantonsburg Rd. Greenville, NC or call 252-847-4100)
  • If not:
    • Having a supportive conversation using SEEN (PDF)
    • Referring them to and/or supporting them in connecting with urgent support services
    • Calling us at 252-328-6661 to consult with a counselor (follow phone prompts to reach on-call counselor after-hours)
    • Contacting ECU Cares at 252-737-9297​ to report a concern

For more information on how to help, choose which role best describes your relationship with the Pirate of concern: